If you are photographer you probably want to set up you own photo studio. This can be an easy or a hard task depending on what you want the studio to look like. For this particular project you need a lot of things, such as: a generous space, the possibility to shut down the lights when you need to, numerous electrical outlets and so much more. Here we are going to teach you how to set up a photo studio. Afterwards, you will be able to achieve your dream of having your own studio and apply all your projects, whether you want to make fashion photography like hair color ideas, or family portraits for a more domestic outcome.
- The first thing you need when you want to create a photo studio is space. For this you nee a room of about 15 to 18 feet long because you need about 12 feet of free space to move between the camera and the background. You also need space for the lights which are vital when you you are taking photos.
- The ideal room for your photo studio should have a high or very high ceiling and with a simple shape because you want it to be versatile. The reason why you need a high ceiling is because you want to be able to create soft light and to take photos from a height.
- Do not go crazy with the painting because the room has to be as simple as possible. The ideal color for a photo studio is white with a matte finish.
- If the room has a fireplace or anything that changes the shape of the room you should get them out.
- One thing that you need to do in order to help the light is install yourself an air conditioner. The air conditioner will help reduce the stifling effect of the light.
- You have to install a lot of outlets because you will need them for your shooting. You can install a number of electrical outlets or you can install one big box.
- Next you have to choose the wall which will act as your background.
- You have to buy some reflector boards to place on each side because you will need them to reflect the light.
- You should think about creating a dressing room and getting a tall mirror because you are going to need them when you are taking photos of models.
- Make sure you set up you lighting because it is very important.
This is how you can set up a photo studio.